Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Seamus’ Baseball Cap Collection


Seamus’ Baseball Cap Collection

By Seamus

When I was little I always tried to make a collection, and I always had the craziest ideas such as a “website” collection or a “Made in China” collection. None of these ideas worked well.

Then the idea came to me – I could start a baseball cap collection! It made perfect sense because I already had tons of caps. Now I have at least 23 baseball caps.

I have baseball caps that are from college baseball teams, such as the Rice University Owls and the University of North Carolina Tar Heels. I have caps from major league teams such as the Boston Red Sox and the Pittsburgh Pirates, and I have minor league baseball hats such as the Savannah Sand Gnats and the Corpus Cristi Hooks. I got the minor league hats from the teams I played on in tee ball.

I have so many hats hanging over my bed that every day it takes about ten minutes to decide what to wear every day. I have a goal to collect at least 50 hats, and to get a wide variety of baseball caps.

On the internet my dad helped me find an article about the World’s Largest Baseball Cap collection. Roger "Buckey" Legried had almost 83,000 caps in 2006.